It’s the fourth day of the Food Stamp Challenge!
Have any of these strategies from Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters program helped you during the week?
Welcome to the 2013 Food Stamp Challenge!
- Each person should spend a set amount for food and beverages during the Challenge week. That amount is $30 for all food and beverage.
- All food purchased and eaten during the Challenge week, including fast food and dining out, must be included in the total spending.
- During the Challenge, only eat food that you purchase for the project. Do not eat food that you already own (this does not include spices and condiments).
- Avoid accepting free food from friends, family, or at work, including at parties, programs or events. If you, approximate how much you spent.
- Keep track of receipts on food spending and take note of your experiences throughout the week.
- Invite others to join you, including co-workers, classmates, chefs, or elected officials.
- What do I need to do to get course credit?
- To receive credit for an assignment for HLTH471 you will need to write at least a 500 word post every day on Days 1 through 6 day of the challenge and on Day 7, write one at least 1,000 word summary post on the EduBlog connected to HLTH471. You must use the blog assigned to you in order to receive credit.
- Your posts must be professionally written in complete and coherent sentences that chronicle your experience and reflections.
Due Date: Blog entries must be posted by midnight Monday February 18th through Sunday February 24th, final entry due by Monday February 25th at midnight